Saturday, May 8, 2010

I-League is the top tier league in the Indian football league system. It was started by the All India Football Federation (AIFF) in 2007-08. It replaced the National Football League which lasted for 11 seasons. The 2007-08 season was the first season for the I-League. The first game was played on 24 November 2007 and was contested between Dempo Sports Club and Salgaocar Sports Club which the former won by a three goal margin.

I-League
I-League logo.png
Confederation AFC
Founded 2007
First season 2007-08
Number of teams 14
Relegation to I-League 2nd Division
Levels on pyramid 1
Domestic cup(s) Federation Cup (India)
Durand Cup
International cup(s) AFC Champions League
AFC Cup
Current champions Churchill Brothers SC (2008-09)
Most championships Dempo
Churchill Brothers SC
Website [ Official website]



2009–10 I-League
2009–10 I-League
League I-League
Sport Association football
Duration 2009–10
Number of teams 14

 I- League current news-- 


NEW DELHI: The season of 2009-2010 will mostly be remembered for Mahindra ... Established clubs and former National league winners like JCT and Salgaocar, ...


Hike for players, Bob to stay on as coach: Patel 

The executive committee of the All India Football Federation (AIFF), on Friday, authorised president Praful Patel to decide on national coach Bob Houghton's  

Footballers get 15 percent pay hike, Houghton stays-

AIFF has no choice but to renew Houghton's contract-

IAS OUR DREAM COMPLETED SEVEN YEARs ON AUGUST 13,2016

Blog Archive